IEEE PIMRC'16 STUDENT TRAVEL GRANTS
Student Travel Grants are made to help eligible students to attend PIMRC 2016. Each grant covers the stay of one student in one of the official hotels of PIMRC 2016 nearby the venue. There are a limited number of grants and therefore will be offered on a competitive basis. Only authors of a submitted paper to PIMRC 2016 are eligible for these grants. The grant is only intended to cover room costs, so applicants are expected to make their own travel arrangements and have other sources with which to fund their travel.
TRAVEL GRANT APPLICATION PROCESS
Applications should be submitted through the EDAS conference management system (log in or register at EDAS and click on the ‘Travel Grants’ tab). Applicants should submit the following three documents:
• A short version (one page) of your Curriculum Vitae
• A statement letter highlighting your work in relation to PIMRC, and the impact of attending PIMRC on your research
• A letter from your supervisor elaborating on your achievements and the need for the complementary financial support
EDAS application submission deadline: March 31st, 2016
Application documents sending deadline: April 30th, 2016
Decisions/notification: June 8th, 2016
HOW TO APPLY
• Log into your EDAS account;
• Select ‘Travel Grants’;
• Select ‘PIMRC 2016’;
• Specify your recommender's email address or EDAS ID.
To upload attachments (recommendation letters etc.):
• Log into EDAS account;
• Select “My…/My travel grant applications”
• Select ‘Upload Attachments’;
• Select your file and enter a description and filename;
• Select ‘Upload Attachment’;
• Note: very large attachments may cause problems. Prospective recipients of a student travel grant are expected to be able to produce compressed PDF documents that do not exceed site restrictions.
On completion of your application:
• You will receive an email from EDAS indicating your application has been completed;
• Your recommender will receive an email requesting a recommendation;
• You will receive an email once your recommender finishes the recommendation step (or refuses to do so);
• You will be asked to check if your recommender has entered their recommendation before the application submission deadline (see above). The Student Travel Grant Committee cannot handle incomplete applications and will therefore discard all applications with missing documents (you should have an agreement with your recommender before starting an application);
• When the panel has decided to whom the grants will be awarded, the STG chair will send out notifications to all applicants via EDAS.