IEEE PIMRC'16 INSTRUCTIONS FOR PRESENTERS
Important Information for Oral Presentations
It is our great pleasure to welcome you as a session speaker at PIMRC’16 in Valencia, Spain. In order to ensure a smooth course during your session, we kindly ask you to consider the following instructions.
The overall time slot for each presentation is 20 minutes for both regular and convened presentations. Plan your speech for a duration of 15 minutes, in order to allow time for questions and discussion. Session chairs have been instructed to rigorously enforce the schedule, i.e., to strictly obey the duration of a presentation. We kindly ask you for your understanding and for your cooperation in keeping the schedule.
Be at the room of your session 15 minutes before session starts, so that you can meet your session chairs and the other speakers in advance.
Presentation Upload Instructions
The Conference Center video projectors are managed by a centralized system. Please bring your presentations on a USB memory stick in MS-PowerPoint or Adobe PDF formats to the SPEAKERS ROOM, located at the Conference Center ground floor hall. We recommend to do this the day before your presentation or, if this is not possible, NO LATER than 30 minutes prior to your session start. The Speakers’ room is open during all the conference days from 8:30 to 16:20.
In order to avoid any problems with your presentation, please make sure it fulfils the corresponding requirements, and read carefully the instructions below.
- If preparing your presentation in MS-PowerPoint, please use the following versions only: PP 97-2003 (*.ppt) or 2007, 2010 to guarantee that it will be opened successfully on the on-site PC.
- We recommend you to save your PowerPoint presentation using PPT format instead of PPS.
- All videos or animations in the presentation must run automatically!
- JPG images are the preferred file format for inserted images.
- GIF, TIF or BMP formats will be accepted as well.
- Images inserted into MS-PowerPoint are embedded into the presentations. Images that are created at a dpi setting higher than 200 dpi are not necessary, and will only increase the file size of your presentation.
- We cannot provide support for embedded videos in your presentation; please test your presentation with the on-site PC several hours before your presentation. Generally, the WMV format should work with no difficulties.
- In case your video is not inserted in MS-PowerPoint, it is possible to have it in other formats – MPEG 2,4 , AVI (codecs: DivX, XviD, h264) or WMV. Suggested bitrate for all mpeg4 based codecs is about 1 Mbps with SD PAL resolution (1024x576pix with square pixels, AR: 16/9).
- In case of Full HD videos, please let us know quite in advance to your session.
- Please note that sound is not available in most of the rooms.
- Videos that require additional reading or projection equipment (e.g., VHS cassettes) will be not accepted.
- Only fonts that are included in the basic installation of MS-Windows will be available (English version of Windows). Use of other fonts not included in Windows can cause wrong layout/style of your presentation.
- Suggested fonts: Arial, Times New Roman.
If you insist on using different fonts, these must be embedded into your presentation by choosing the right option when saving your presentation:
- Click on “File”, then “Save As”
- Check the “Tools” menu and select “Embed True Type Fonts”
PROGRAM AT A GLANCE >>
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PRESENTERS >>
TECHNICAL SESSIONS >>
WORKSHOP ARCO5G >>
N2WOMEN MEETING >>
NATIONAL INSTRUMENTS SEMINAR >>
WELCOME RECEPTION >>
CONFERENCE BANQUET >>